Attention all current 4th-grade students! Sign up now to participate in the VPS 2017-18 instrumental program.
We are excited to announce a new instrumental program for next year’s 5th-grade students! All currently enrolled 4th-grade students can apply now to participate in free band or orchestra classes next year. These introductory classes are an expansion of our popular summer program to share musical opportunities with all VPS 5th-graders.
Registration information is linked below. The deadline to register is May 1.
- All VPS current 4th-grade students are invited to participate in band or orchestra next year as 5th-graders (2017-18).
- This yearlong instrumental program is offered free of charge to VPS students.
- Students can choose from band (trumpet, trombone, clarinet, flute) or orchestra (violin, viola, cello).
- Classes, taught by VPS teachers, will be held twice a week from 7:10 until 8 a.m., beginning in mid-September through the end of May.
- Class locations are Discovery, Gaiser, McLoughlin and Thomas Jefferson middle schools.
- Transportation will be provided to the middle school class locations. After class, all students will be transported to their elementary schools before school starts.
- Interested students and parents must apply by May 1, 2017, using the form linked below.
- Parents will be notified regarding their student’s enrollment in August or September via email.
- Informational meetings will be held in September. All interested students and parents should attend.
- Students will have the opportunity to select the instrument of their choice at the September meeting, however, it is important to remember that a balance of all instruments is necessary for a true band/orchestra experience.
- Fill out the class request and completed and signed medical release and consent form. Return the forms by May 1, 2017, to your fourth-grade teacher or Ann Medellin at Vancouver School of Arts and Academics, 3101 Main St., Vancouver, WA 98663.
Questions? Please email Ann Medellin.